The International Meditation Center in commemoration of 72 years of Her Majesty the Queen Sirikit Anniversary, it’s constructed by Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University Chiangmai Campus. This project has been initially the responsibility of the Department of the Social Service and Research Academic Affairs. The university held the groundbreaking ceremony on July 4th, 2004 with construction beginning at that time as well. The project was completed in 2006 with a budget expenditure of 40 million baht.
The International Meditation Center came as a result of the Monk Chat Program and the Meditation Retreat Program run by the Department of the Social Service and Research Academic Affairs here at Wat Suan Dok. This programs which began in 1999 offer an opportunity to the foreigners to have a conversation and dialogue with Buddhist monks and especially MCU students about Buddhism or other topics of interest. Furthermore, for those interested given to learn more about the teaching of the Buddha and to the practice of meditation which based on Four Foundation of Mindfulness techniques.
The objectives to build The International Meditation Center to promote the higher education of Buddhism and propagate Buddhism into internationally.
- To have a meditation center for Buddhist study and meditation practice
- To have modern facilities available for the one who decides to learn more about and practice of Buddhism and meditation
- To provide Dana of Buddhist teaching for those interested in continue to apply and practice Buddhism principle in their daily life
- To help restore one’s inner peace, to assist Thai government policy with education about Thai religion and culture‘s ways.
At present, The International Meditation Center MCU Chiang Mai Campus under the responsibility of the Department of the Social Service and Research Academic Affairs provide meditation courses for both Thai people and foreigners for years round.
The meditation retreat workshop for foreigners has conducted 3 courses.
- 1 Day Meditation Retreat is on Friday and Monday
- 2 Day Meditation Retreat (overnight course only Tuesday-Wednesday)
- 4 Day Meditation Retreat is conducted in the last week of every month (Tuesday-Friday)
THE UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE
Traveling in the north of Thailand is not only an opportunity to absorb the richness and rewards of its natural beauty but also to experience its lush cultural heritage and spiritual progression within the Thai Buddhist framework.
MCU. Buddhist University, Chiang Mai Campus, welcomes all to visit the Tradition, Buddhism, etc. Besides, we provide you with the MEDITATION RETREAT WORKSHOP (Concentration Meditation and Vipassana Meditation) which is the way to make the mind peaceful and to develop transcendent insight which penetrates into the truth of life.
For more information < Click>
We are really thank you for all meditators who come to join our meditation
retreats from the past until this present day. According to the cost of consuming
and others facilities is rising up following the cost of living so we are necessary
to increase the cost of 2 days meditation retreat from 500 Baht to 800 Baht
which will be started in this April 2019.
We are sorry to inform you that the meditation retreat on the following dates will be cancelled :
- Meditation course on 1-2 January 2019 is cancelled.(New Year’s Eve)
- Meditation course on 19-20 February 2019 is cancelled.(Makha Bucha Day)
- Meditation course on 16-17 July 2019 is cancelled.(Asarnha Bucha Day)
- Meditation course on 22-23 October 2019 is cancelled.(King Chaulalongkorn Memorial Day)
- Meditation course on 10-11 December 2019 is cancelled.(Constitution Day)
Now, our meditation center has construction project of meditators building. We are planing to have longer retreat for people from over the world, they are able stay longer and practice meditation.
More information please contact :
Facebook page : monk chat mcu.chiangmai
- Monk Chat Office Wat Suan Dok, Suthep Rd Muang District Chiang Mai Province.
- The International Meditation Center Sriwangthan Village T. Phapai A. Sunsai Chiang Mai Province.